Today, even infrequent fliers are enrolled in frequent flyer programs of one or more airlines. With the volume of air travel reaching and surpassing pre-9/11 levels, more and more people are hitting the skies. This article provides some tips and tricks to maximize those frequent flyer miles given by most airlines as a reward or incentive for flying with their airline or within a given airline group company.
In the real world nobody gets anything for free and sound to get frequent flyer miles are too good to be true. And every dollar you spend your credit card that is closer to a free airline ticket. The reason for this is that the airline will do everything possible so you do not get cash back in return.
But there are some ways that you can actually deal with the issue of frequent flyer points to go on your next flight for free. The first thing to do when signing a frequent flyer card is make sure you read all the fine print of the smart card, so basically before signing up for the card you should know everything about the card. You can also subscribe to a mailing list special that will provide information on some of there specials and deals on offer. For more great tips on Credit Card points visit flyingfirst.com.au.
The majority of sportsbikes have to be focused and uncompromising to perform at their best. Cramped riding positions and stiff suspension are just two issues that can reduce their everyday practicality. But KTM’s 990SMT (T for Travel and not Touring) has all the best bits of a sportsbike, without many of the drawbacks. It’s not a perfect machine, but it’s a hell of a lot more real world and easier to live with than any 600 or 1000cc sportsbike.
The KTM is one of my all-time favourite motorcycles. I just love the way it can inspire and stimulate, and now with its small screen and pannier option I can also enjoy even more comfort and convenience.
I ended up doing over 500 miles on the big V-twin during my short test period, and perhaps one particular day on it highlighted its virtues best of all. The ride in question involved a 125-mile run along my preferred test route through the Shires of Oxford and Gloucester, a journey encompassing virtually every type of road. Bumpy and twisting B roads, challenging speedy and swooping major roads, mind-numbingly boring dual-carriageways, and congested town traffic were all encountered during the journey. But the KTM made light work of them all, had me grinning for the best part of the trip, and let me finish off the day with a treat thanks to its handiness. It’s very much my sort of bike, and one that I would be very happy to own.
Not being a morning person, the start of most of my days ideally needs not to be rushed or too stressful. If it’s a biking day I definitely appreciate an easier-going mount to despatch the first hour or so. The SMT fits that bill very nicely.
Bar getting onto the slightly lofty and supportive, yet not too firm seat, the KTM is an extremely accessible and manageable machine. Its ready-to-ride wet weight is probably in the region of 215 kilos, but the combination of the wide bars which offer plenty of leverage, and the riding position which allows more of the same, gives the impression of it being a lot less. Any move, in any direction, is light and simple work on this bike.
Riding the 990 out of the village where I live did expose one little flaw straightaway mind you, with the abruptness of power delivery from a closed throttle perhaps being an unwelcome feature for some. I myself have noticed this often enough on various test bikes for it not to be an issue as such. And even when it became more of a regular occurrence later in the day when riding (otherwise very easily) in slow moving traffic, it never really concerned me. That’s simply because there’s too much else to love the KTM for.
The chassis is one of those numerous plus points, and perhaps the most impressive feature of the bike overall. Quite simple in construction with its steel-tubed trellis frame and the relatively conventional components attached to it, the 990’s exquisite handling underlines a total that’s more than the sum of its parts. Though it has to be said some of those parts do work extremely well.
The WP suspension is the best example of this. One, if not the key reason why you can fully ‘activate’ the KTM, is because of the superb action of the forks and shock. Softly sprung and with longer travel than most road bikes, the fine control provided by the damping means lots of feel, feedback and control. It anyone ever wants to learn about the benefits of high quality suspension then they only need to ride this bike to find out. The compliance means rougher roads like the one I used in the early part of the journey are smoothed out considerably, and offer no challenge at all to the SMT – even when you’re riding quickly.
Much more of the bike can be used effectively because the tyres remain mated to the road so well. And on routes that usually have had me being repeatedly kicked out of the seat and the wheels pattering over the road on certain machines (firmly sprung sportsbikes mainly), the KTM just gets on with the job completely unflustered. The Continental ContiSport Attack tyres aren’t normally the best when it comes to outright grip, but the WP equipment’s quality of wheel control effectively gives them more adhesion. With the way the softness leads to pitching under braking and acceleration, both ends of the bike are weighted more to increase the grip when it counts too.
The Brembo monobloc radial calipers give the KTM some very serious braking power, and just like the deft touch with which you learn to use the throttle at slower speeds, you soon realise it’s wise to apply just a light squeeze on the lever to avoid any surprises. It doesn’t take long to discover how to get the best from the brakes though, and it’s apparent that the supple fork action only adds to their remarkable effect.
It’s the same story at the rear end of the bike, and just how much the superb rear shock helps you to use more of the strong drive of the impressive 999cc V-twin engine. Twisting the throttle at a standstill, as you do when warming the motor for example, instantly gives a clue to its health and efficiency. It responds so quickly to any wrist movement, suggesting a very free-breathing power unit. But though that also translates to a fit and keen throttle response out on the road, which helps tractability and often makes the light and precise gearbox redundant, there’s always a reassuringly linear and usable feel to things. The engine may well be powerful and able to generate some pulse-quickening pace very promptly, but just like the manners of the chassis it’s easy to moderate. As a very potent, but rarely intimidating motor, its character sums up the whole bike really. The KTM may well have lots of performance to offer, but it’s very predictable and undemanding to access.
Longer runs are easily possible on the 990SMT too. The screen is large enough to hide behind and endure sustained periods at higher pace, and the afore-mentioned seat and riding position add to the capability. It will get thirsty enough to need to stop sooner than the comfort allows if you use more of the engine power, but stops every 140 miles or so can be extended by 40 or 50 more if you’re a bit more prudent with throttle use.
The rack, grabrails, decent steering lock and excellent mirrors show designers have also considered the whole bike and the duties it needs to perform. Those features helped me to enjoy a safe and spirited day on the 990SMT. And with the added convenience of the panniers (available for an extra ?300, along with other numerous accessories) allowing me to nip into Waitrose to cart off some goodies to savour at home at the end of it, reflecting on the KTM over dinner was just as enjoyable as riding it.
It’s a bike that purists will enjoy. Its strong performance and deep character see to that. But because of the neat finishing touches it’s also an all-rounder that can also appeal to those who need a bit extra to complete their motorcycling experiences. The SMT is not cheap at a fraction under ?10,000, but it does offer much in the way of stimulus. And bearing in mind the quality of its components, added to the superb way they work, ten grand doesn’t actually seem bad value at all.
Type: 999cc, liquid-cooled, 8-valve, dohc, 75? V-twin
Maximum power: 115bhp @ 9,000rpm
Maximum torque: 72lb/ft @ 7,000rpm
Final Drive: Chain
Frame: Tubular steel trellis
Suspension: Front: 48mm inverted telescopic forks, fully adjustable
Rear: cantilever monoshock, fully adjustable
Brakes: Front: twin 305mm discs with four-piston radial calipers
Rear: single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheels/Tyres: Front: 120/70-17
Seat height: 855mm
Dry weight: 196kg (without fuel)
Fuel capacity: 19 litres
Contact: Contact: 01280 709500, www.ktm.co.uk
Performance: 4 – lots of it that’s easy to access
Handling: 5 – superbly intuitive and communicative
Practicality: 4 – very easy to live with
Value for money: 4 – you get more than you pay for
OVERALL: 5 – gives a very rewarding and appealing motorcycling experience
Hawaii people love to travel, especially to…VEGAS! Going on a vacation or being away from home gives you a sense of freedom. Sometimes this freedom ends up causing you to go off of your regular diet, eating things you never would at home and in amounts and frequencies you wouldn’t ever dare. My clients have often had plans to go on trips or vacations while trying to do my program. With the right tips and coaching they were able to enjoy themselves and not be fearful of jumping on the scale when they got home. You can too. Follow the 10 tips listed below and be on your way to a self-empowering trip!
* Find out what they are serving @ your hotel. Sometimes hotel food is the most convenient but most of the time it isn’t always the best. Learn about the hotel restaurants, and what type of foods they are serving. Find the closest, freshest food places. Remember extra effort produces the best results.
* Know where the nearest market is. Find the nearest market that sells organic food. Whole foods, Trader Joes or any local supermarket that has fresh, preferrably organic foods are the best. Go there and immediately buy fresh fruits and healthy snacks. Look for a farmer’s market. Make it one of your outings. It’s alway fun to see what the local farmers are selling and they usually have great deals.
* Let the people you travel with know your plans. You are going to be eating healthy and don’t feel bad about it or let people make you feel bad. Anticipate their reaction. If you’re traveling with people who are constantly eating and snacking then you might have a bit of a challenge traveling with them. Make your plan and stick to it.
* No eating at chain restaurants. When traveling, I’m shocked too see how long the lines are for certain chain food resturaunts. Look into these restaurants, if more than 50% of the people patronizing the restaurant are obese, avoid eating there.
* Blog or journal daily. Theres nothing better than journaling to keep you focused in your diet. Daily journals increase your awarness of what food you eat, how that food makes your body feel and how you felt about making the decision to eat or not to eat (the emotional aspect). Its a really good idea to try on clothes and journal how good you feel when you fit your size. This will keep you motivated to stick to your plan. If you didn’t like how your clothes fit, go to www.wellnessbridge.net and learn how so many people have been able to fit into their clothes from years ago!
* Make rules and follow them. You don’t have to have a huge list of do’s and don’ts but at least set parameters for certain things and stick to them. For instance: no packaged snacks (chips, cookies, candy bars,). You can still snack, but you don’t want to get into a habit of eating chips and cookies through the whole trip. Another example: only water. This might sound weird, but limit yourself to water, no soda, sweet milky drinks, high-fructose filled drinks (drinks you are likely to consume all day long). Have alcohol only in moderation. Again, the rules are not to make you hate your trip, just to give you some guide lines.
* Continue to weigh in daily. Bring your scale, check if the hotel has one in the room or buy one. Tip: Usually the fitness centers in hotels have a scale. If it’s just a weekend, and depending on where you are at in your program you may not need it, but for a trip longer than 5 days, you need a scale. You can’t gain weight on accident if you weigh in daily.
* Limit your carb consumption. Restaurant eating will set the scenario for carb overload: bread before the meal, the two starches with the meal and desert. For me, I choose to limit my carb consumption on trips. It its easier for me if I just said no altogether. It’s a bit hard to resist while dining, but I feel great when I walk out of the restaurant not feeling loaded down with food and eaters remorse.
* Take your supplements. Take your daily supplements, especially when you are traveling. Just the act of doing this will continue to reinforce in your mind and body that you and your health are the priority. Digestive enzymes can be a lifesaver on a trip.
* Visit the hotel gym. You have excess calories in your body? Exercise is a useful tool especially on trips, I did it and you know how much I don’t like exercise. It’s not like your going to drop 10 pounds while you’re vacationing, but at least keeping your health and your weight as a priority.
We have prolonged been an admirer of your fantastic inventor Nikola Tesla. That must come to no surprise to anybody who has examine a number of my preceding books. Here was a person whose genius was significantly beyond the excellent minds of his day time. He experienced an intellect that at situations seemed pretty much unearthly. I suppose this can be why some have speculated that this kind of a outstanding specific could not have sprung in the bosom of mom Planet, but alternatively was the merchandise of extraterrestrial intervention.
I ought to admit that for a while the idea that Nikola Tesla was not of this planet held a particular appeal to me. It would undoubtedly answer a lot of concerns about this enigmatic person – but not surprisingly it would also create even more concerns that could well be impossible to solution in my lifetime. So I used to be finally left using the simplest explanation within the accurate origins of Nikola Tesla. I’ve concluded he was an extraordinary human the likes we so almost never see.
My key schooling was bereft of any training of Tesla or his fantastic achievements. His name, in its absence, spoke of dark conspiracies and downright thievery. In community, only the Tesla-coil stands out in honor of its namesake, but handful of know with the individual for whom it truly is christened. Textbooks held no place involving its pages for this great man, and teachers not often uttered his identify. Thankfully, some have can come to acknowledge the good injustice that has been accomplished to Tesla and have found a site in some classrooms to show his historical past. I believe it will be safe to say that Nikola Tesla was the man who invented the twentieth Century.
But a thriller stays.
A thriller which has been diabolical in its treachery not simply to Nikola Tesla, but to humanity like a full.
We know which the United Think Patent Place of work granted patents to numerous of Tesla’s inventions. These had been inventions that Tesla and his buyers saw as probably profitable – the AC motor is definitely an exceptional example of one in every of Tesla’s inventions that modified the planet. Nevertheless, Tesla also invented an not known volume of other objects that had been in no way patented for one motive or another. Tesla received a keen feeling of what would garner economic attraction, but he also worked on and produced know-how that was plainly for his own curiosity. Of those inventions, we know practically very little.
Exceptional by any common, Tesla’s patents illuminate only his most purposive, practical give good results. As he typically lamented, there just wasn’t plenty of time to tame the racing of ideas in his head; so much acquired being left incomplete. Some from the initiatives– reaching an ultrahigh vacuum, a rocket engine layout, experiments in directed beams and sun ability–simply just do not suit into the early 20thCentury. Regularly he was content to publish his findings devoid of regard to priority or patentability: he launched in such a way the therapeutic procedure now termed diathermy. Other concepts had been simply just created down with no attempt to patent or maybe publicize them.
We now understand that Tesla was serious and experimented in this sort of “wild” ideas as no cost energy, antigravity, invisibility and even time travel. Its no surprise that Tesla in his working day was loathe to talk of these varieties of interests – soon after all, even today these regions of study still appear less than fireplace by some “mainstream” scientists, who refuse to use their imaginations and intellect, and scorn these kinds of interests with terms for instance “unhealthy technology” and quackery.
TESLA Thought “OUTSIDE THE Box”
In my years as a navy intelligence operative I came into get in touch with having a variety of top rated-key programs that have been both investigating, or, shockingly sufficient, actively using know-how based on several of Tesla’s “wild” concepts. Equally the U.s and Russia have active Particle Beam and RF (airwaves frequency) weaponry which has been in operation for the reason that early 1970’s – all as being a result of Tesla’s early 19th and 20th Century experiments.
To say that you’ll find other black funds assignments involving Tesla-primarily based study would wildly underestimate the entire quantity of research and progress being conducted at the moment by several nations around the world globally. And these would be the tasks that we know about. Who is aware of how several deep, dark, key tasks are currently being conducted at this time with research that could be decades, even hundreds of many years beyond what civilian technology understands right now.
Small DISCOVERIES Lead To Great Details
In 1895, while conducting analysis together with his stage-up transformer, Nikola Tesla received his initial indications that time and area may very well be influenced by utilizing really charged, rotating magnetic fields. Part of this revelation came about from Tesla’s experimentation with airwaves frequencies plus the transmission of electrical electricity through the atmosphere. Tesla’s basic discovery would, a long time afterwards, lead towards the infamous Philadelphia Experiment as well as the Montauk time journey projects. But even just before these very prime-key military systems came about, Tesla manufactured some fascinating discoveries to the nature of time along with the actual possibilities of time travel.
With these experiments in high-voltage electrical energy and magnetic fields, Tesla found that time and space may be breached, or warped, creating a “doorway” that could cause other time frames. But with this monumental discovery, Tesla also found, by means of individual practical experience, the quite actual dangers inherent with time journey.
Tesla’s initial brush with time travel came in March 1895. A reporter for your New York Herald wrote on March 13 that he came throughout the inventor within a tiny café, seeking shaken after currently being hit by 3.five million volts, “I am afraid,” claimed Tesla, “that you simply won’t discover me a pleasant companion tonight. The actual fact is I was pretty much killed right now. The spark jumped three feet as a result of the air and struck me right here about the suitable shoulder. If my assistant acquired not turned away from the current immediately in may possibly were the finish of me.”
Tesla, on contact together with the resonating electromagnetic cost, discovered himself external his time-frame reference. He described that he could see the immediate past – present and foreseeable future, all at after. But he was paralyzed inside the electromagnetic subject, unable that can help himself. His assistant, by turning off the present, released Tesla just before any permanent damage was done. A repeat of this really event would take place many years later on throughout the Philadelphia Experiment. Regrettably, the sailors involved had been left external their time-frame reference for very prolonged with disastrous success.
Tesla’s secret time travel experiments would carry on on from the hands of other folks who had been not as worried with humanity as Tesla. We are left with rumors and speculations on who might are becoming the heirs of Tesla’s study — hopefully, someday these secrets will probably be revealed once and for all.
Click Here to Tesla Secret Official Site
Today there is the buzz of E commerce in almost all aspects of web. Recently the silicon valley VC have set their sights in India & many of them have invested in booming E commerce ventures ,the new kid on the block being the Group buying, but the hottest story of last year is Undoubtly Make My Trip IPO which has raise the capital value of the company to appox $ 2 Billion . Indian online travel industry is booming since 2004 when it gets started, through still at the nascent stage in comparison with the developed markets of UK, UK & Europe… Its getting bigger and tougher as new competitors & new models are entering at a faster pace!
The online travel industry has witnessed remarkable growth and is attracting large number of national and international players. This is mainly due to rise in spending power of Indian middle class & better internet connectivity which is increasing day by day.
Air travel dominates the current online travel industry in India with 60%+ market share. Railway bookings has a 15%+ market share (thanks to IRCTC),Hotels constitute as 13%+ of market share & the rest is occupied by Bus, Car& Cruise
Ticketing facts in India:
* Total Domestic ticket for sale-per day in India : Appox 275,680
* Ticket Sold by Online(Including OTA & Airline Websites) per day = Appox 51690
* Tickets sold are through Online – Nearly 40%Reasons for Growth of OTA in India:
* More penetration of internet
* Secure payment mechanisms
* Rising Purchasing power of Indian Middle classChallenge’s for OTA:
* Low margins & high operating costs
* Airline are tending to reduce distribution costs which is appox 12% hence looking for a model to acquire customers on their own websites.
* Travel Meta search modelGrowing Trends:
* OTA are moving away from air to non-air segments
* OTAs looking for offline counters in Tier 2 cities to increase penetrationPlayers Overview:
* Online travel Industry is the most crowded arena in the E-commerce segment with many new players entering this space leveraging their innovation.
* MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Cleartrip, Ezeego1 are the leading players in the OTA segment.
* Ixigo, Zoomtra, traveltoogle.com are the leading Meta search engines in online travel.
* Consolidation has started in online travel industry as Desia has been acquired by travelguru & Travelocity then acquiring Travelguru
* MakeMyTrip is a clear leader in Online Travel Industry in India having 37% of the Online travel market, Next is Yatra & cleartrip respectively